The Seedsmen Association, Hyderabad was registered under the Andhra Pradesh (Telangana Areas) Public Societies Registration Act, 1350 Fasli with Registration No.1744 of 1995, and has been functioning since then. The Association is having a strength of 458 members comprising of Seed Companies, Individual farmers, and Associate members.
- 1To assist/coordinate the members on seed related issues (i.e. Departmental/Legal) to take up with the State Government, Department of Agriculture/Horticulture in both States i.e. Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.
- 2To Liaison with the Department of Agriculture, Seed Development Corporation, Seed Certification Agency, Agriculture and Horticulture Universities, and NSAI.
- 3To communicate the Circulars, Guidelines, G.Os, Notifications, and Instructions to the members received from the Agril. /Hort. Departments, Universities, and State Governments, off late only email communications, are done.
- 4To coordinate for Evaluation of newly developed hybrids/varieties of members seed companies on different crops (Cotton, Maize, Paddy, Sunflower, Sorghum and Vegetables) with the Agriculture / Horticulture Universities.
- 5To assist the members in supply/allocation of Breeder Seed of State and Central Varieties.
- 6For awareness and updating the information to the members, the Association arranges Seminar/Workshop as and when necessary.